Re: Bushings and Things

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bushings and Things
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 05:31:31 -0400
 George, I have no direct experience with urethane bushings on a brick, but
I have used them on another car. The ride quality deteriorated greatly,
before the urethane you could drive over a brick and it felt like you drove
over a pebble, after the urethane if you drove over a pebble it felt like
you hit a curb. The handling after was fantastic and since it was a "race
car" the ride quality didn't matter that much. I'm not sure of the durometer
readings of the bushings I installed but if my memory serves it was
someplace around 85-90 A I used delrin in another car and it firmed up the
suspension even more, ride quality was bearable for a race car but  totally
unacceptable for a street car.  The firmer you go the more road noise you
transfer also.
Rick R