no hot air from heater

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: no hot air from heater
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:11:26 EDT
What could cause the heater to not work?  I don't want to freeze on the trip
to the Great White North next week.  Just kidding.  Actually, I want to flush
the cooling system and make sure the heater core gets flushed out.  But there
seems to be no heat coming from the heater.   I drove around for about 1/2 hr
in 90 degree outside temperatures and the engine temps were 180 while driving
and 210 sitting still, but no heat from the heater.  The sliders are set to
heat or defrost and all the way to the warmer side.  Fan is running, and there
is water in the radiator.  Is there a cable or valve that I need to check
somewhere?  Does water run through the heater core all the time or only when
the
climate control is set to heat?  Thanks.

George  #670