Re: COIL SPRING STABILIZER for 74 Bricklin

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: COIL SPRING STABILIZER for 74 Bricklin
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:14:33 -0500
Stephen,

It could be I am mixing words with strong enough and stiff enough.

There are several references in the Bricklin Forum about the 74 Springs.
Here are some excerpts from this link.

http://www.bricklin.org/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=293&SearchTerms=,coil

It's not as if the springs were perfect to begin with. I had a conversation
about springs with Terry this summer. One of my 74's has 74 springs and the
other has 75 springs which are higher. I didn't ask him exactly what the
cross ref was for each year, as I would rather have lower but stiffer
springs.

The pair listed as p/n 151 and cost $200. This is a firmer spring than early
74s according to Terry.

Just went through this whole execise. I talked to Bob Hoffman who did not
have them and told me to call Terry Tanner. He still has NOS front coil
springs for a 75. I think they cost $220. I was going to take my old 74's to
Eaton Detroit Coil and Spring. But the 74's were too soft and it was easier
just to order from Terry. The 75's Work great.

Greg 0036