Re: Who's car is that????

To: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Who's car is that????
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:48:26 -0500
At 05:33 PM 2/18/2005 +0000, Alan Coleman wrote:
>Please excuse me for duplicating this message, but I am posting this in both
>forums to see where I get the most response.  Im going to be replacing  the
>console in 246 with either Bobs or Terrys.  John down at BPS said that he
>would email me a photo of theirs and Bob at the Brickyard told me that I
>could see one of his on the cover of the October 2003 issue of the Brickline
>(1st car in the line up).  Looking at the photo, by chance, I noticed the
>weather stripping at the top of the door.  It looks like it runs the length
>of the opening and fits around the hinges.  Does anyone know who's car this
>is and/or who produced/sells the weather stripping??   That really looks
>like it would address one of the leak problems I have had with mine.

Alan,

I hadn't seen a reply to your post.  I'm not sure who's car it is, but the
weather stripping looks like that sold by Terry and Bob.  There are 2
weather strip, one that is glued to the door, and the other that clips
to the birdcage.

They aren't cheap, I think something like $200 for all 4 pieces.

If you have the Jan 2004 issue, look at the centerfold,  you'll see
both of them, the one on the door, near the flange that the skin is
glued to and the one of the birdcage.

Also in the Jan 2004 issue, there's a picture of John Lodge gluing
the one seal to the door (p 20).  Notice the "kickout strip" on page 21.

Hope this helps.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229