door systems

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: door systems
From: spanepinto@netcarrier.com
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:22:04 -0500 (EST)
Hi everyone,
I own an all-original B... I've considered converting to air doors, but
would prefer to convert to a gas-supported system similar to the DeLorean
if that would be an alternative to either hydraulic or air.
The DeLorean door is supported by a pressured strut/cylinder, similar to a
rear hatch.

Has anyone tried and/or accomplished this?  My car has the hydraulic
(original) system with a new pump in '03.  I would like to upgrade, but
have a problem spending 4 figures for a system (air) that, being powered,
is ultimately bound to fail.

Thanks!
Smoky Panepinto
Perkiomenville, PA