redesigned web page

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: redesigned web page
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 05:23:07 +0000
I appreciate the efforts of those who have worked hard on improving the BI
web site. While it is probably a good idea restricting the parts cross
reference to BI members only, and it looks like a good bit of work went into
the new site, I dont think that having a searchable parts data base is an
improvement.  In my opinion, for what it is worth, the old list that John
Blair maintained was better.  Everything was categorized just like now, but
it was easier to read, newly listed parts had bullets to bring your
attention to them, and there were valuable notes by some of the parts, that
were visible right away which made it easy to compare similar parts.  If
there are three similar parts that you want to compare now, there is no way
that I can figure to display the part #s and complete notes on three parts
at the same time.

While some people might like clicking  their mouse several times so they can
get the information,  I am a believer in the KISS philosophy and find it
much easier to just drag down the list and visually scan, rather than making
several entries to get the information.

We should either go back to the list or put the notes right with the parts
information so that when a search is done all the pertinent info is visible
without having to click again
I would like to see other peoples input on this subject.

Thanks again for your efforts people and thanks for listening!!

Alan Coleman
#246 Original Owner