RE: Source for body side molding

To: "'Bricklin (E-mail)'" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Source for body side molding
From: "Early, Stephen" <Stephen.Early@mbna.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:03:12 -0500
Thanks for all the replies.

Les, I have not located the piece yet.  If you have one I'd be interested.

Someone also suggested Bricklin Boyz and they are checking to see if they
have one.

Paul, if I cannot find the piece I'll check with a local body shop.  Thanks
for the suggestion.  As for your question about how to attach it, I used
body side molding adhesive from a local auto supply.  It's black and you
apply it to the molding and the car and let it dry.  Then you attach the
molding.  Kind of like contact cement.

Seth/Paul, I will contact Bob today to see if he can help me.

As for Terry Tanner, he is either unable or unwilling to supply the piece.
I have contacted him on four separate occasions asking for the piece.  I
spoke to Terry once, John twice and once left a message.  Both Terry and
John promised to send the piece but have not.  I've been trying to work with
them to get the piece since September.  Ironically, the piece was lost while
the car was in Terry's shop this year.  At this point I'm just trying to
finish my car.  I was in a car show and parade a couple months ago and had
to use electrical tape to hide the missing molding.  The local paper put a
big picture of the car on the front page of the local section and luckily,
you can't tell there is tape instead of molding.

Once I find the piece, I'll let everyone know where I got it.

Stephen I. Early
Portfolio Conversions
Technology Sector-MBNA America
302.457.4788