body side molding adhesive

To: "Paul J. Amoroso" <amo@access995.com>,
Subject: body side molding adhesive
From: "Smoky & Connie Panepinto" <spanepinto@netcarrier.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:53:12 -0500
Believe it or not, I have had tremendous results using "Shoe Goo" or a similar
product -- I've used it on the bodyside moulding and also (blasphemy?) on the
top corners of my door skins where they had de-laminated.  I re-glued one side
of the doorskin about 4 years ago, and its still holding.

On the mouldings, I stretch good duct tape over it to for pressure as the glue
sets up (my brand needs 24 hours to gain full strength).
BTW, re: the mouldings, I had used 3-M trim adhesive and 2-sided trim tape --
neither lasted more than a season or 2...and as an original owner, it gets
tiring doing the same fix year after year!
Shoe Goo it is.

Smoky Panepinto
Perkiomenville, PA

'75 Bricklin (Suntan)
'63 Lincoln Convertible (Black/Maroon/White)