air door solenoids teardown

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: air door solenoids teardown
From: "David Dal Bianco" <dalbi@epals.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:18:00 -0400
I've taken one of the door control solenoids apart (located in behind the
driver), and am down to a brass base with a steel shaft and thread on the end.
Aparently there should be a rubber pad that goes up and down to allow air to
pass through, but I am unable to take it apart further.  Where do I go from
here?  Removing the air fittings going into the solenoid base did reveal some
debris, but the moving piston inside must be fused in the open position.
Does anyone have experience with these solenoids, and have suggestions as to
what I can do next?
Thanks, Dave

Looking for safe email solutions for your school or district?
http://www.epals.com/schoolmail/