Kill switch

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kill switch
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@cybersurfers.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 19:06:31 -0700
I worked mostly in S.E. Los Angeles, a high crime area, had two cars
stolen, one had a kill switch, it turns out the car thiefs were on to
that.

I worked out a little circuit using a relay which reset itself each time
you turned the ignition off.  Figured the best place to hide the push
button was in plain sight, reworked the windshield washer button to
operate the relay.  What you had to do was turn on the ignition, push
the washer button and start.  That worked great, I put it on several
others.  One problem with the kill switch was remembering to set it when
you just stopped at a store "for a minute," always time enough for some
one to take off with your car.

Relays I used were usually GM types but not critical.  If anyone would
like the circuit I'll dig it out of the archives.  Very simple, works
great.

(The cigarette lighter operated a relay that controlled the cruise
control...but that's another story).

Les