Re: Aligning Gull Wing Doors

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aligning Gull Wing Doors
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:48:29 EDT
In a message dated 7/8/2004 7:10:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dalbi@epals.com
writes:

> Does anyone have experience in aligning the gull wing doors on the Bricklin
> so that they fit perfect to the rest of the body?  If not, does anyone know
> of any articles on the subject?  I'm presently at that point, and just can't
> get it perfect.
> Thanks,
> Dave

Terry can probably get them pretty well aligned.  But as a caution, sometimes
there is only so much that can be done without getting into a can (or bucket)
of worms.  If the door is bent, the door skin might need to come off in order
to straighten it.  Once it is straight, it is a matter of moving the door
around and adding or removing shims from the hinges (skill, black magic, etc.).

Aligning the doors "perfectly" requires aligning ALL the panels on the car.
If the roof and rear quarters are already glued on, you have to work with them
as they are.  The alternative of removing them is not a minor undertaking.

George Curley #220, 670