Re: Aligning Gull Wing Doors

To: "David Dal Bianco" <dalbi@epals.com>
Subject: Re: Aligning Gull Wing Doors
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:58:17 -0400
At 07:08 PM 7/8/2004 -0400, David Dal Bianco wrote:

>Does anyone have experience in aligning the gull wing doors on the Bricklin
>so that they fit perfect to the rest of the body?

Dave,

There are only a couple that can do it and most of them are at the Bricklin
restoration shops - Terry Tanner's Bricklin Parts of VA and Bob Hoffman's
Bob Brickyard.

There are individuals that have done a great job with their doors, but they
are few and far between.  Aligning the doors is part skill, part art, and
part black magic.

>If not, does anyone know of any articles on the subject?  I'm presently at
>that point, and just can't get it perfect.

No there hasn't been an article written on this subject.  As is said the
art and black magic part makes it very difficult to write an article about
doing the job.

While your at it have you made the various mods to your doors?

Phone:  (757) 495-8229