Restoration - Interesting question

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Restoration - Interesting question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:37:51 -0500
I received an interesting question via email today,

" I would like to know if you have any manuals or notes that would give me a
  step-by-step road map of how to restore the car."

This would make a great article, and something I've been trying to figureout
how to write for a long time.  I wouldn't go to the actual specifics of
a line by line but a general overall methodology.  For instance, I usually
don't worry about rebuilding the motor until I've basically completed the
restoration.  You usually find a motor to make the car go, but if you loose
interest in the project after dumping several thousand dollars into the
motor and nothing else your at the loosing end.  Also, as you near the end,
there will be times when the weather won't cooperate and you can start
rebuilding the motor during the down time at the end of the project.

As I said I wouldn't go into a line by line - ie how do you pull the dash.
We already have 1 article on that.  But that would be a possibility for
a future article.  Also what should you do, what should you farm out?

Also I usually think in terms of doing a complete body off the chassis
restoration, not a rolling restoration.  So there's more food for thought.

Anyway, things have been quite on the list, so this should generate some
traffic.  If someone actually wants to write an article for the mag. that
would be great.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229