RE: making a sign

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: making a sign
From: "Michael V. Mitchell" <bricklin1155@zoominternet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:39:54 -0500
For whatever it's worth ... Here's a few things I do to prep for shows,
cruises, etc.

I keep a couple of sets of the following sheets encased in plastic covers
and bound with cheap (padded) key chains in the car for use at car shows and
cruise-ins. Each set is placed where folks can pick them up and read them
(usually on the cowl / inner fender well when the hood is up). They come in
handy on those occasions when I have a guest with me and would rather not be
interrupted (as often) or hit the point where I just can't answer the same
questions anymore ;). http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/mbo/Pages/

I got some cheap 'business card' paper stock for my laser printer (local
office supply store) and print up 'MBO' cards for use at the shows, too.
Makes things really easy when someone asks for me to get in touch with them
and puts the burden back on them. I keep a number of them in the car -
they're ready to hand to them when they ask (I don't leave them laying out).
I have the Bricklin International & MBO contact information on the card -
website and e-mail addresses, etc. I also keep a few with my home phone
number, but only hand them out to serious individuals that don't have
Internet access.

I also started a sign to put out in front of the car. I was planning on
taking it to Kinko's and having them make the sign (figured about $ 50.00 to
do it), but I was never happy with it. (Hmmm .... Got a young kid in the
Marketing Department at work that owes me a favor ... Yeah, yeah ... That
has possibilities!! May have to revisit that!! ;) )

(Drop me a line if you're interested in an editable copy for yourself along
with your preferred format. I'd be happy to share them with you. I've
currently got them in Word, but can make them plain text, rtf, etc. If
you've got an idea for me to include, please send that on, too!)

Michael V. Mitchell
webmaster@bricklins.net
http://www.bricklins.net