Center Consoles

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Center Consoles
From: "Kevin Rodgers" <krodgers@nautel.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:00:39 -0500
This week I sent an email saying I had recently installed a new style center
console.  A
number of people have requested, and I have sent, pictures of both styles of
center
consoles I am aware of.

I should mention the one problem I had when installing the new center console.
It was
due to the fact that my Bricklin has 1/2" insulation under all the carpet.
Bob's console
(and maybe Terry's also, I'm not sure) is meant to fit flush around the Gear
Selector
Cover (6.875).    Therefore I had to raise the Gear Selector Cover 1/2".  As a
result of
lifting the Gear Selector Cover, the Gear Shift Selector Gate (6.877) does not
line up
correctly.  i.e.  When the car is in drive, the shift lever incorrectly
indicates I him 2nd
gear.

Some people might incorrectly suggest that this problem can be compensated for
by
adjusting the gear shift rod (6.903).  But you can't.   Any adjustment to the
gear shift rod
to compensate and the car will slip out of park!

My experience, for what it is worth.

Kevin