Re: charging problem solved

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: charging problem solved
From: "Roderick Keeler" <rkeeler@sierratel.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:46:28 -0700
I haven't yet fixed the problem with the door circuit.  I was able to get
around it by simply "locking" the doors.  It must be one of the outside
switches though, because if the doors are locked from the outside, I'm able
to measure resistance.  Courtesy lights were wired to a hot wire that I had
originally thought was for the original courtesy lights.  Turned out to be
for the brake/hazard circuit.  I just ran a new lead from my the auxiliary
fuse block I put in last year.

BTW, Rick was right; the new regulator I bought was bad.  It was only when I
hooked up the old regulator with the new alternator that everything
functioned properly.

One more thing, I'm selling my Ferrari 308 if anyone on the list is
interested (or knows someone).  Contact me directly for photos etc.

Thanks again for all the advice,

Rod