RE: charging problem solved

To: "Bricklin List" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: charging problem solved
From: "Early, Stephen" <Stephen.Early@mbna.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:48:30 -0400
Most likely, the only thing wrong with the old alternator was bad diodes.
They may have been bad from the get go or they were cooked when you
disconnected the battery while the car was running.  Either way, if you
still have the old unit, you can replace them or have them replaced and have
a back up alternator.  It's way cheaper than buying a new or rebuilt unit.
Replacement involves opening the alternator and doing a little soldering.

Stephen I. Early
Portfolio Conversions
Technology Sector-MBNA America
302.457.4788