door panels

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: door panels
From: KKDB2@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:08:04 EST
Hi all.  Well I just about destroyed my driverside door skin removing it from
the frame.  I don't feel all that bad because the skin was in pretty bad
shape to begin with and it has been worked on before. Question:  Are there
supposed to be rivets on the top portion of the panel where it bends over
near the top of the window?  I am going to have to remove the skin from the
passengerside door as well and I want to be prepared.  Also the interior of
the door is covered in rust.  Obviously I will have to clean it up and get it
ready to be painted.  What type of paint or sealant should I use to paint the
interior of the door.  I did buy a can of POR15.  Should I just use that and
leave it or should I use something else?

                                                Thanking everyone in advance,

                                                 Kevin vin# 1911