Re: Headlight Cover Glue

To: "bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headlight Cover Glue
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@mnsi.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 05:11:37 -0500
3M windshield urethane should be the answer here. If these are new or unused
the undersides should be thoroughly cleaned with ammonia. Most fiberglass
resins have wax in them to promote wet out of the fibers and the wax tends
to end up on the exposed surface. glue doesn't stick well to wax and the
particular wax used doesn't come off easily with anything else. After
cleaning the binding area should be scuffed with some coarse sand paper to
increase the area and give a 'key'. the metal plates should clean and free
of rust and for best results painted with an etch primer.