Re: Bricklins in snow

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricklins in snow
From: "Phil Martin" <pmartin_vacation@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:13:16 +0000
Blizzak's are great, sticky tires.  They and the Guardex are the only ones I
know that use the type of rubber compound that effectively creates thousands
of micro suction-cups to help it stick to ice.  Perhaps others have been
developed since I last bought snow tires...

My research then suggested that the Yoko's had that ultra-sticky rubber for
the full depth of the tread, while the Blizzak's had a thinner layer which
was stickier, but also more prone to fast wear on dry pavement.  This is NOT
a slam of the Blizzak's - just another factor to consider.

--
Phil Martin
"Some people go to bed with Lucifer, then they