Re:headers

To: "<" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:headers
From: "John White" <jlwncw@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:03:49 -0400
The tri-y headers I got from National Parts Depot(I went with the plated
type)will work with minimal mods.A small cut had to be made on one side of the
header,so simple that the shop didn't charge me for the mod.I
recommend,though,that you put some thread locker on the bolts or use some
locking header bolts since mine have loosened.I also had to install some
Percy's seal-4-good aluminum gaskets due to a leak on the driver's side.Order
these along with some spark plug boot covers due to heat from headers.Make
sure NPD has your gaskets and bolts in the box as mine were missing when the
headers arrived.I also welded the headers to the pipes to ensure no leaks.Get
the headers for a 65-67 mustang,engine size is unimportant.Check for clearance
with your floorpan to avoid holes burning through.Good Luck.