Re: Headers

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headers
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 08:38:03 -0400
The problem with block huggers is they are designed for a 32 ford chassis
and the outlet will be right on top of the front cross member, If you can
get them in that far. The biggest problem I have come across is the strut
rods that take up much of the open room in the lower rear of the engine.
there isn't a lot of room left on the drivers side left to get 4 tubes
through. tri-Y headers are a better choice but they do require some
modification. I was going to have a 'short run' of these built but there
didn't seem to be enough interest to put out the cash and sit on 100 sets of
headers.
Rick

> I know everyone has said headers for the 75/6 Bricks need to be custom
because of the lack of room. While being bored and surfing the web, I came
across a set of Dynomax headers "designed for tight engine compartments",
they call them block huggers. Has anyone tried these?