Re: Cams

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cams
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:36:33 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/2002 2:49:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimp@CORP.FirstIndustrial.com writes:

> George
> Do you have emissions where you live and did this make a difference? Did
> you
> keep the stock manifold? Doesn't sound like it would necessarily changes
> things that much as far as emissions go. Pugs 756

Pugs,
It still has the stock manifold and smog pump installed to maintain
originality in judging.  I have no idea of the emissions effect of changing
the carburettor and cam.  It might pass an emissions test, but it never had
one before or after.  (Initially I found loopholes to just avoid the hassle
and now that the car is over 25 years old I don't think it is required here
anyhow.)  Speak with Terry or a better yet good carb tuner if you can find
one.  You might check with some of the AMC mechanics and mail list folks;
they have similar cars they run on the street.  Some states also give you a
waiver once you spend a given sum (~$200 or so) to bring the emissions into
compliance.  Good luck.

George