Delrin

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Delrin
From: "Mitwelt" <mitwelt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:59:42 -0400
Yes, Delrin is great stuff.  However, its hardness is such that any grit at
all will cause wear.  There is jut no forgiveness with this stuff.  I've
used Delrin on control arms, and it certainly increases responsiveness, very
similar to Aluminum, and no squeak.  I'm not sure I would forgo lubricant
altogether.   Once again, I think the Neo-synthetic watercraft would be a
good choice.  BTW, you can use this as a barrier grease to protect rubber
bushings too. It'll keep them from drying out or being damaged by some
solvents.   I know, it sounds like I had stock in the company <grin>.  But
it is rare a protect actually performs as good as or better than claimed.

stephan "lubed" #2821