Question about headlight operation

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question about headlight operation
From: "Kevin Rodgers" <krodgers@nautel.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 23:38:28 -0300
I'm having no luck trying to figure out what is wrong with my headlight
system.  The lights won't pop up when I turn on the lights or pull the manual
actuator.  If I pull the hose off the headlight switch they will pop up, but
as soon as the put the hose back on, down they go.  I understand that as long
as there is a vacuum the lights will stay down.  Therefore it appears both
actuators are in good working order.
How is the headlight switch supposed to work?  Does it open or close the line
when in the on position?

Thanks
Kevin Rodgers
Vin # 2824