Just some simple questions

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Just some simple questions
From: "Frank Alaimo" <Alaimoknj@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:07:02 -0400
Hello everyone:

I have some simple questions:

1.  I am having the front and rear bumpers painted and the shop asked if the
black bumpers and side panels should be flat or glossy.  Does anyone know and
if so, is there a special paint to use?

2.  The roof seams need to be re sealed and I have seen a "GM sealer"
recommended that is "used for Corvettes".  Does anyone have more specific
information on this sealer?  Is it a basic white sealing putty? (my car is
white)

3.  On the parts cross reference list I see the paint codes for the body
colors.  Does anyone have paint codes for the brown around the sides of the
doors?

4.  I have read about a support brace that is added to the doors under the
door skins.  A B owner told me last night that a body shop in NJ added a
support brace to his car on the sides of the doors without taking off the
skins and he said it blends into the doors quite well.  Does anyone have
experience with this or recommendations for or against?

I appreciate your responses in advance.  Also, for anyone in the Northeast, I
hope to see you in Danbury, CT on May 18th.

Regards.

Frank Alaimo
No. 1570