re: hood extension/head light lids

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: re: hood extension/head light lids
From: annie burgess <annieb@mail.mcn.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:50:54 -0700
have my body on the car and it looks great (to me).  i have the heads
light system working and i am ready to put the lids on or at least line
them up.  my hood extension is a new fiberglass model and there is a
small lip around the inside of the extension openings.  the lid sits on
that lip but the lip makes the clearances almost unacceptable.  i don't
think the headlight will clear when the bezels are in place.  should
there be a support lip around the inside of the opening or should i trim
the opening so the head light lid would pass through the opening.  that
might leave a little "air" all around the lid but relieve any potential
binding problems.  the lid is attached to the headlight assembly so it
does not need the support.  i can finish this tommorrow if i can get the
info.  (i hate to put the pressure on you kim but you are my bricklin
"big brother".

thanks all,

bob #319