Re: door skin glue/repairing orignal panels

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: door skin glue/repairing orignal panels
From: "CBL302" <CBL302@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 01:15:07 -0500
Remember there are appox.(6) DIFFERENT liquid nails products, for different
applications,if he used the wrong one it WILL NOT work,I used the heavy duty
for metal to fiberglass applications,also if the metal has rust on it, it
will not work.
For.Panel crack repairs,I used/applied a full resin coat on the panels,and
let it sit for appox.a week like that(to cure)then applied White Gel-coat
over the Resin coat,(you could get other colors)in effect putting a "new"
shell (the new "shell" is very minimal so that it will not add extra
weight/thickness)over the old panels,then you can do basic fiberglass
finishing.

Claude
1024/1136.