Re: Insurance

To: Maycinc@cs.com, "Bricklin@autox.team.net" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: todd rapp <rappman@marz.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 18:35:00 -0500
Marvin,
If you use your bricklin as a daily driver, STAY AWAY FROM HAGERTY.  Most of
there policlies have milage limitation about 3000 miles per year.  If you are
restoring it or only occasionally driving it  and shoing it in shows/parades
Hagerty can save you some money.  When I first purchased the Bricklin I was
spending a fortune on insurance about 120.00 per month.  I am slooooowwwlllyyy
restoring it so I was hardly ever driving it except to the mechanic or parts
store.  After my old policy ran out  I reserarched insurance on classic cars.
Hargerty and Amercian Collectors Insurance are the two that I preferred.  I went
with American Collector Insurance because it included $500 in spare
parts(wheels)
coverage.
I pay $134 per year for $8000 agreed value.  The premium will increase as the
value increases through restoration.Very important you update your coverage once
a major restoration project is completed. I started at $5000 Value. They can be
reached at 1-800-360-2277 or www.americancollectorsins.com.  Hope this helps.
American Collectors insurance also did not have all of the strict limitations
Hagerty appeared to have.  Doesn't hurt to check.

Todd Rapp

> I've narrowed down my insurance choices to Hagarty and JC Taylor.  Anyone
> have good/bad experiences with either?
> Marvin

///
///