Once again, AOD

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Once again, AOD
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 04:23:17 -0500
Ok, maybe, just maybe, I'm not tossing in the towel yet.  Now anyone who
feels the auto trans is woefully inadequate due to high rpm cruising speeds
and very poor mileage raise their hand.

There has been a good deal of talk, even lately, about the changeover to an
AOD trans and this is not entirely uncommon on the Bricklin circuit.
However, the toughest challenge for people wanting TO know is getting
explicit, exact, and correct information from those people IN the know.

In the past, there have been unsuccessful attempts to get information that
meets this  important criteria.   The casual "oh, some old so and so just
bolts right in" doesn't cut it.

So please guys, anyone that can help please step up.   Hell, I was surprised
to find out that the rear for my Ford powerplant is AMC!   The AOD is a
popular and elusive mod.  Some have spoken about cutting driveshafts, moving
mounts, etc. etc..   Others say it just slaps in.    Plus, what about the
speedo cable gear, torque converter, linkage, and what to do about using the
OEM bezel and shifter with only 3 drive ditentes, sacrifice choice of 3-4?
And how does this effect the rear gearing.  What are the ratios of the AOD
compared to the FMX?  Stall speeds, downshift points, etc.etc..

BTW, please post your reply to the list rather than me directly.  Let's
share this info with everybody.
And there's no need to send  any responses to the list AND directly to the
poster.  The poster RECEIVES the list.

Thanks heaps and bunches,
Stephan (one foot in, one foot out) #2821

///
///