mod mayhem

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: mod mayhem
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 18:44:12 -0500
Well, your argument has run full circle and basically says HiPo cars are
poor choices because HiPo cars don't run well because HiPo cars are poor
choices.  Can't argue that logic, can we?  Besides we're scaring Chris
<grin>.  Just to clarify, these are packages from Major houses and Redline
IS a local garage, here at least, perhaps not from your house.  They do have
a dyno.   The Edel Package includes all properly matched Edel PACKAGE
components, (cam, heads, intake, timing chain, waterpump, fuel pump)  The
MSD package is a standard of the industry(MSD 6A, Pro-Billet Distributor,
Coil) The only steering away was the choice of Carb.   According to Redline,
it is the Holley is the right choice over the Edel.  650cfm is the right
size for mods performed, Edel spec'd a 600cfm.   They hate Demons(a modded
Holley).  Some very learned folk disagree on the choice of carb and I'm not
married to it.  These components are consistent, tried and true, and
completely compatible and reliable.  There is no hodge podge of stuff, no
mix and match if you're paying attention.  Although the carb.....hmmmm.

BTW, I was not talking about Ford Motorsports racing team either, but their
consumer products.  Steeda Mustangs are a great example of a RELIABLE very
modified car.  They take a plain mustang gt, very mediocre, and transform it
into a damn decent vehicle.  Not bad for a Mustang :o).  Too bad they don't
do Bricks.   There are many examples of great, highly modified vehicles such
as the Steeda, like the Mercedes AMG, which is a highly modified stock
cruiser that is very RELIABLE and very successful (read TRUE performance).
For Acura/Honda and BMW, there are similar outfits that turn out highly
modified and RELIABLE vehicles.   These evidences refute your tautologically
based position.   However, because the argument is based tautologically, it
will remain impervious despite any contrary evidences.       Your belief is
yours to protect and to hold on to.

But you're right about one thing, it's much safer, simpler, and less
expensive just to keep everything stock. Unfortunately for the Brick, that
means a much wetter, slower, hotter, overheating, gas guzzling, mediocre
driving, unsafe handling garage queen.

The success or failure of my particular project does not rest on principle
or premise, but on execution.

stephan (stop me now) #2821

///
///