Re: Brake Rotors

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Rotors
From: "Owen Evans" <tybach@adan.kingston.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:29:30 -0500
As far as I know most of the original disc brakes had rotors  included the
bearing, the rotor was simply added to the wheel hub used on drum brakes.I
don't know what method modern rear wheel drive cars use to mount the rotors
but new rotors for my Toyota 4 Runner were $124 Can each and are mounted on
the hub, no bearings invoved. At that price I thought the KH rotors were a
good deal. The bendix system is the same design but uses a different axle I
believe.

On a different note, I am planning to install an Eagle rear sway bar and
replace the torque links with small stiff shocks to handle the potential
suspension lock up inherent in the original design. Has anyone tried
something like this?
Owen Evans
S/N 1355

///