Re: Wheels & Tires: Great News!

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheels & Tires: Great News!
From: "Seth" <sbunin@provide.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:00:39 -0500
*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 1/31/01, at 12:18 PM, WUZNTME2@aol.com wrote:

>Yes, I have a set of BOYDS 17" rims with the tire size of 245/45/17 all
>around. It drives very well. I dont know how much the speedo is off, since I
>really never paid too much attention to that. Once I start to drive it again
>( soon I hope ) I will let you guys know the outcome.
>
>Michael C.

The difference between the stock and your tire:
                      P235/60R15                       245/45R17
Percent Diff
Radius:              331.5mm                            326.2mm
1.6%

(Note, this is not the rolling radius, but the difference should be negligible
as a percent)

This means (assuming the speedo was correctly cal'd for the stock tires) that
with the
P245's, you're actually driving 1.6% slower when the speedo reads the same
speed.

///
///