Re: Winter Bricklins

To: "bricklin" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winter Bricklins
From: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 05:29:03 -0500
    Well back in '76/77 I drove a brick through two Canadian winters (over
100,000 miles in 2 yrs) and the best thing I found I bought to help was a
small combo ice scraper squeegee that I used to keep the windshield clear. I
got used to the lack of heat as I used to drive a VW beetle as a teenager it
had about the same poor quantity as the brick. I didn't have a compressor
problem as I used a vacuum compressor (as well as  a few stops @ the gas
station for air), the doors worked fine except when there was a chunk of ice
in the line between the tank & solenoids (often). The car had little trouble
with the snow except that one time it wouldn't get out of the ruts and I hit
a truck head on. I can truly attest to the  crashworthyness of the front
end, @20 mph head on all I did was trash a front fender and collapse the
bumper shocks. I sold that car in the spring and drove "normal" cars for a
while after that. You should have only minor problem with the Brick in the
winter but if it is only a short trip you might be better off on the bus.