Re: AOD conversion: Jim & Ginny

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AOD conversion: Jim & Ginny
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:25:18 -0500

"Yor AOD will bolt in, the AOD is different to the FMX in the way the
linkage is attached to the carb, kick-down v TV cable. There are
companies that can assist here. Ideally the earlier, late 70's trannies,
offer easier installation."
"Jim & Ginny"

Thanks Jim,
    What companies?   I'm trying to get this thing set up with as few
surprises and mods as possible.  I'd rather keep the FMX, since mine has a
very good shift kit, but the cruising  speed cacophony and gas guzzling is
just over the top.  It appears the motor must be pulled to do this, right?
My concern is also the shifter and bezel.  how do these match up with the
AOD and do you know of any alternatives?

stephan #2821