Re: More on panels, re: Claude's gel coat

To: cbl302@email.msn.com
Subject: Re: More on panels, re: Claude's gel coat
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:24:19 EDT
Did you say you did not remove the acrylic, just gel-coated over it?  How
much weight and thickness did that add to the body?  What keeps the acrylic
from flexing and cracking between the gelcoat and fibreglass?

I remember TT's white car which is all fibreglass did not have any paint
either for a while, just a gelcoat finish.  It didn't look too bad.  I think
it is painted now but I'm not sure.

Can you really get as good a shine with paint or gelcoat as with acrylic?
I've seen show cars (not necessarily Bricklins) with multiple coats of hand
rubbed paint, and they still do not look as good as a sanded, polished,
waxed, and buffed acrylic Bricklin.

George