More on panels, re: Claude's gel coat

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on panels, re: Claude's gel coat
From: "alphachi" <alphachi@writeme.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:38:53 -0400
No Claude, this is not what I'm talking about at all, you had a painted
Brick, Gelcoat, Imron, Poly, whatever you name it, it's still painted.  What
I am talking about here is actual acrylic repair, not gelcoat, and the color
could be matched without coating the whole car.  If this was accomplished,
you could have maintained the integrity of the original Brick finish, rather
than another painted one.  Like I said, for some, obviously like yourself, a
painted one is just fine, and that's ok.  You do point out another option.
But for others, it would be great to have a Bricklin body more true to the
original.  Think about it, a green acrylic bodied Brick intact and flawless
presents a lot more value  than just another painted B.
stephan #2821

> Take a look at the Files menu under
> http://www.egroups.com/group/BRICKLINEWS and you will see exactly what you
> just mentioned,you will see a drivers door that the acrylic was in
> pieces(held together by Duct Tape)(when the car was green)and the after
> photos after the repair was completed and the Bricklin was
> Gel-coated(white),this was done in early 1998,(this was a very rough car
as
> it was always outside from its birth, till I got it,it was used as a
> everyday transporation untill 1991)and so far it is still in excellent
> condition,with no signs of new cracking,as the repair was done without
> removing the acrylic.
>
> Regards
> Claude
> Vin#1136
> The gel-coated white Bricklin (was factory green)

And