questions, kinda urgent

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: questions, kinda urgent
From: Jess Nicholas <jessn@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 01:35:03 -0500
Hey guys, some questions...I've got to put this thing on the road for a
300 mile round trip tomorrow and we're making some final repairs today.
Any help will be greatly appreciated:

* I'm missing a vacuum hose that goes to an attachment just forward of
the firewall on the passenger's side. There is a vacuum diaphragm there
with several hoses connected to it, but one small one is missing. What
is this and where does it go?

* My A/C blows cold, but only below 50 mph and with not very much
thrust. Also, moving the selector to "A/C" does not shut off the floor
vents or defroster vents, although moving the slide to "Heat" or
"Defrost" does shut down the dash vents. Finally, the middle two vents
just above the radio are dead as a doornail. I'm only getting air from
the outboard vents. Is all this vacuum related? Is the reason the A/C
loses potency at mid-high speeds due to vacuum problems or airflow
intake problems? NOTE: I am aware of the airbox design problems and the
weak blower fan, but over 50 mph, even the air that is coming through
already decreases sharply. Addendum: The little rotary dial marked "A/C
temp" does absolutely nothing.

Bracing for an Alabama summer,
Jess