Re: Speaking of emissions

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speaking of emissions
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:44:17 EDT
Sounds like you are running rich. A tuneup may help. We don't have emissions
tests in my area so I can't say definitely what will work, but I have a few
suggestions.

Try the tuneup first. Make sure all emissions system components are working.
If that doesn't work, you could try a modern replacement carb. It wouldn't be
difficult to add catalytic converters, but you would probably have to devise
some form of insulation so the heat they generate doesn't melt the floor.

Some states exempt cars over a certain age from emissions tests. You may want
to check to see if there is an antique vehicle class you could register under.

Scott Isensee