Wiring to 74 Auto trans

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Wiring to 74 Auto trans
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:53:58 -0500
   Can anyone tell me specifically what the connections (and wire colors) on the
74 auto transmissions are for?
   And/Or John Blair.... Can you tell me where I might find the wiring that runs
to the transmission on your diagrams?
   I am in the middle of my T-5 swap and need to know which wires to connect to
the tranny.  Of course, I also have to figure out what the connections are on
the tranny itself (it has 2 pairs of posts) (4 connections).  I would guess that
one is for reverse but I am not sure what the other may be for????  I will
figure that out though...
   The transmission is in and I have a few things left to do.  I have to hook up
the high pressure line from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder,
adjust the slave cyl, get a speedo cable (later), hook up the wiring, cut some
more of the tunnel out (ouch!!), and cut my brake pedal to allow the clutch to
clear it better.
   So, I am guessing that one more day of work and it will be all together and
running.

                                                                Jamie