Re: One step closer

To: jessn@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: One step closer
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:10:12 EST
> 2) How easy is it to fix the gauges? The altimeter and tachometer are
>  both slumbering at this point in time,

Altimeter?  Well it does have wings :-)
(magnetos would be nice too)  There is a place that rebuilds the VDO guages
but I haven't used them.  They are actually kind of rare so don't throw it
away even if it's broken.  (Unless John knows of some secret stash)

>(3) Does anyone have any advance tips for radio installation?....
Quite a few people have mounted speakers in a custom box at the rear of the
hatch area, usually carpeted to match the interior.

As for keeping it dry, I made an emergency cover out of a small lightweight
plastic tarp and attached some cords.  It covers from the cowl to the rear of
the hatch and down to the bottom of the windows on the sides.  It is
theoretically possible to get the doors leak free but usually easier not to
leave it in the rain.

George