Wipers & some

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Wipers & some
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 19:09:04 -0500
Thanks to all that responded to my question about the wipers.  I had the
pix in the parts manual, but it didn't show (or at least I didn't see -
maybe I need my glasses checked) how the 2 connecting rods were mounted.

On the way home tonight, I stopped by my buds and checked his 74 out.  Then
came home and set mine up like his.  Took about 6 min. to get the xmissions
etc. in and about 5 or so to get the wiper motor connected and in.

The secret - The streight rod that goes between the 2 xmissions us mounted
with the open end of the "U" up.  I had it mounted down.  The curved rod
goes with the flat (bottom) part of of the "U" up.  I connected all the
pieces together, and slid it into the plenumn.  Then it takes a little
fanaggling (sp) to get the xmissions to pop up through the holes, but
no real problem.

After I finished that, I permanently mounted the 2 hood latches to the
plenumn.  Then I was talking to my neighbor Jim (with the muscle cars) about
the fuel line and the body.  I was having problems getting the fuel line
in place.  I tried to make a new one - and was NOT successful.  I pulled
the original one off the shelf, set it in place and dropped the body.
Everything fit like a glove.  I'd really like a NEW fuel line though.

Anyone found a source for new fuel lines - without making your own?

Anyway, I personally feel like I had a sucessful day in light of the
set backs, wasted time, etc. of the last 2 weeks.