Wipers

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Wipers
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 18:57:34 -0500
Ok gang.  Had several good ideas about the starter cable, and someone
suggested an article.  I might put in a quick tip about it.  I ended up
having one made.  It's not 100% authentic but it's a lot closer than the
stuff I was find aftermarket.  The custom made cable cost $12.25.  Not bad.

Now for the next question.  I've just managed to spend 1 to 1 1/2 hrs trying
to put the wiper system back in 887 to no avail.  So, has anyone done this
reciently?  What's the secret?  I have the motor, xmissions and the 2 bars
out.  How the $#%*# do you get the parts back in.  Actually, I can get all
the parts back in the plenumn, just can't get everything hooked up and
working.

If someone has a car they can look at, there is a long streight bar that
goes between the 2 xmissions.  I can only go on the top of the left
xmission.  I assume that it goes on the top of the right xmission.  Then
the curved bar goes on the bottom of the right xmission.

The bars are "U" shaped.  I'm trying to put them on with the flat (bottom
of the "U" up or visable.  Again I assume that this is correct and NOT the
open end up.