#2821 Updates LONG

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: #2821 Updates LONG
From: "alfaki" <alfaki@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 14:56:16 -0500
Well, things are moving slowly but surely on the under the hood
modifications.
Radiator:     The radiator was re-cored to a 4-row high efficiency Jeep core
using the original tanks.  A lot heavier.  Interestingly, when I told them
about the plans for an elec. aux fan he informed me NOT to use the hold down
tabs that push thru the radiator and are supplied with the Twin Flex as
these have a habit of expanding and rubbing into the coils causing premature
leaks.  So, we'll have to fashion some sort of clamps.  The fans are being
mounted on the front of the radiator in push mode as aux. fans.  A 17" fixed
flex race fan is being installed in place of the clutch.
    Fuel Pump:  We discovered the Edelbrock  1725 fuel pump install is going
to require a kit that relocates the fuel lines on the bottom for clearance
because if the location of the rad hose and the oil filter.  The kit is
#1797.  A simple solution
    Clearances:  Speaking of clearance, the Edel intake, heads, Ford Low
profile cast alum air cleaner and valve covers, the MSD pro billet dist and
the Holley double pumper seem to all get along fine and fit under the hood
with plenty of room.  Two minor exceptions are the vacuum distribution valve
behind the carb needs to be filed just a smidgen to clear the Holley, and
the MSD TFI coil was changed out for a Blaster 2 that fits the OEM horseshoe
connector and bracket  and mounts very nicely just forward of the R.S. valve
cover keeping the Hi wire very short  and a drip loop possible.
    The Ford Motorsport oil dipstick mounts easily in the front of the motor
R.S. behind the Alt and the where it replaces a plug and the old  dipstick
found on the rearward L.S.    I understand the 75s came both ways, with some
on the rear, some on the front.
     The Tri-ys headers seem like they'll fit.  We'll know for sure very
shortly.  There was some delay finding the correct ARP header bolts which
turned out to be for a BB chevy.  The ARP Ford header studs did not clear
the Tri's bends.
    So, things are progressing nicely.  I'll keep ya' all posted.
stephan