Re: need front end alignment specs

To: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: need front end alignment specs
From: "alfaki" <alfaki@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 01:22:40 -0500
Greg, my question was neither a challenge to your background nor your
position, just an open question.  I wouldn't call myself an expert by any
means, but after working with Daryl Armstrong and Formula One, I did manage
to pick up some information.  Heck, if you can get a Fiero to pull over 1g,
ya oughta get some kinda award!   As far as track racing goes, you know each
driver has their own preference and each is also highly specialized to a
particular track, let alone tire, wheel, and actual geometry. Hell, tire
pressure can play as big a roll [pun] as tread design.   And numerous
theories abound.  Although to me, track and street set -ups are like
comparing apples to monkeys.   Over 90mph,  I think the last thing the Brick
needs is less centering.    And as far as steering effort, like most cars
that suffer from dated power steering systems, I think the Brick needs
*more* not less at higher speeds.   But these are just my opinions and my
preferences.  I have yet to look very closely at the Brick's geometry though
I suspect it's a mixed bag.  Hell, I've been too busy just getting this
thing to move like it looks.   I just spent a good portion of the day on
conference calls with MSD, Edelbrock, and Champion, and research, just
trying to determine the best spark plug for this particular application.
Anyway, considering your expertise and background, do you happen to know the
scrub radius for the brick?  If I do decide to replace the rather inexact
OEM wheels, I'd like to know my starting points.  Now, that it looks like we
can actually get this Brick to move, I'd like it to go in the direction
intended.
And as far as changing from the original specs and TT's input, I'm all ears.
stephan
2821