Number of 4-speeds

To: Lbc302@aol.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Number of 4-speeds
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 17:29:25 PDT
I have a list of 4-speeds published in Vol 6 Number 1 (1981) issue of
Brickline that was compiled by Glenn and Robin Nutting and Randy Poulos.
They list 146 "confirmed" factory 4 speeds with only 4 of the VINs in doubt.
  The VINs in doubt (maybe John can check these against his data) are 529,
615, 666 and 694.  The first VIN was 222 and they continue sporatically
until the last which was 771.  So, even if the doubted ones prove not to be
4 speeds, that still leaves 142 confirmed.   So far, the published list has
proven true with any cars that I have checked it against.  If there is that
much interest in it, maybe John can re-publish that page in the next
magazine.  Kim