RE: Bricklin Headers

To: "'bricklin@autox.team.net'" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bricklin Headers
From: "Olenick, Jamison" <Olenick@ssims.nci.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:46:06 -0400
Andrew,
   I am going to throw some old emails out here......

As for the 351 windsor I have the following post....

I put a set of headers from a 1988 mustang gt on my 75 with 351 windsor.  I
am told the headers off of a newer mustang fit even better.  They're closer
to the block.  THe 88's fit my car fine.

        Paul
Paul Robichaud [galcomp@ma.ultranet.com]

As for the AMC 360 I have the following post from an AMC guru (he knows
everything about the AMC's)

When I had my Bricklins I used to talk a lot to a guy in Maine who used to
repro parts.  His name was Tim, and he passed away quite young (30s?). I
used to help him with his AMC questions, and helped get the AMC 401 in his
car.  Sent him some headers from a Gremlin/Hornet that seemed to work okay.
The Bricklin couldn't be any tighter than the Hornet V8 as per space as
this was tight!  Don't remember the brand header, but they did hug the
block pretty tight, and the right rear pipe came off separately to clear
the starter.

Thomas M. Benvie
5 Sachem Rock Ave.
East Bridgewater, MA 02333
(508) 378-1423
tbenvie@bu.edu

I hope that this helps everyone.  Maybe I will try to contact Tom to see if he
can remember the brand of header.

                                                                Jamie