Fw: Cooling system

To: "Bricklin" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Cooling system
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:00:41 -0400
It needs a thermostat. I recommend a 160deg for all but winter driving. When
you run without a thermostat, the water moves too quickly through the
radiator for much heat transfer to take place.

With a 160deg unit, it should stay around 180deg except creeping in traffic
in really hot weather, then it may get to 195deg. If it runs hotter than
this, I would backflush the system. Heck, unless you know it's been done in
the last two years, I'd do it anyway.

>From a purely mechanical standpoint, 220deg isn't too high if you have the
correct amount of anti-freeze.

GM