Re: compressors and other things

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: compressors and other things
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 19:18:22 -0500
At 03:26 PM 3/27/99 PST, Alan Coleman wrote:

>Other things:   John Blair- I have reinstalled my sending unit in my
>tank, however it's not on the car. I went out to the garage with my
>Ohmmeter and checked it out . Tank right side up 76.5 ohms. upside down
>13.6 ohms.

Alan,

   Thanks for the data!!

>Wind noise and leaks- I have recently pulled my fenders off and boy was
>I shocked by what I could see then. The door seals don't come anywhere
>close to meeting the frame along the line of the fenders. there is a gap
>of .5 to .75 of an inch. Due to the angle, this gap was not at all
>visible until the fenders were off. (and John you were right about
>shearing bolts off- even after a liquid wrench soaking).

Having talked to a couple of people that are doing body off restorations,
several of us have found the A pillars to have been almost destroyed.  As
I put out a while ago, I had to cut the bottom 2" off my A pillar on the
driver side and replace the sill plates on both sides.  So it appears that
for some reason the A pillars really take a beating.  The B pillars don't
seem to be quite as bad.

Also, for anyone wanting to remove their fenders.  There is a "L" piece
of fiberglass glued to the rear of the fender well.  It goes over a stud
on the front of the sill plate and is used to hold the back of the fenders
to the car.  If the rear of your front fender is movable, then chances are
that the glue holding the "L" bracket on has deteriorated.

>Compressors-- Twenty years ago when my hadley vacuum pump went up, I
>called them for a rebuild kit......

20 years of service sure sounds like a good advertisement/endorsement
to me.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi