887 under disassembly

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: 887 under disassembly
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:38:27 -0500
Well, earlier this week I mentioned that I had finally gotten around to
working on 887.  I got the floor pan out, and the trunk glue gave and
the trunk about fell out.  Well after working on it for 2 nights, about
4 hours total, I just got it totally loose.  I'll have to wait to truly
take it out from under the car as that will take 2 people to man handle
it in the confines of my garage.

The next step I guess is to pull the quarter panels.  But this will take
some codgatating.  I think I should pull the rear panel first, otherwise
I'll have a very akward assembly to deal with.  If I take the back panel
off, I'll have 3 manageable panels to try and store.  The big problem
looks to be how to seperate the back panel from the quarter panels.

For those that haven't messed with this, the usual procedure is to
carefully heat the glue with a heat gun, then very very carefully work,
more like beat, a putty knife into the glue to break the pieces apart.

Anyway, I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next couple of days.

I really thought I had taken about everything apart on this car.  But
I guess I was wrong!!

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi